[Bell Historians] Large steel bells

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Tue Sep 24 20:21:50 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Haven't seen it - though I believe Nigel Taylor has - but it's certainly st=
ill there

CP
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Alan J.Birney=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 7:58 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Large steel bells

I was wondering if anyone has seen the 70cwt steel bell by Vickers=20
that is/or was hung at the Italian church,Hatton Garden,London.
I am particularly interested in how it is/was hung, and wether or not=20
it is/was of good tone.
Also where is the largest existing steel bell located in the British=20
Isles, and how many steel bells of 20cwt or over still exist in the=20
U.K.
Thanks
Alan

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20