[Bell Historians] ASCY peals prior to 1825 - THE ANSWER

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Wed Sep 25 11:15:47 BST 2002

>> So Bill wins the quiz! That wonderful Janaway metal was swung to 41 of the
>> first 400 ASCY peals.
>>
>> 22/1/1776	5264 Plain Bob Major
>> 30/1/1826	5088 Oxford TB Major

I think you led us astray somewhere by saying the tower still exists!

Wasn't it rebuilt sometime later in the 1800s? I'll have to look at the
peal boards next time I'm up there, but I think most are post rebuilding.

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section,
University College London, London, WC1E 6BT.