Roger Rice

George Dawson George at d...
Tue Aug 12 09:13:31 BST 2003

> GAD was asking about an 18th century Bristol founder by the name of Rice.
> Fred Sharpe found a bell by Rice & Wasbrough dated 1752 at Llandyfriog in
> Ceredigion (see Church Bells of Cardiganshire) and I have found another at
> Haroldston West in Pembrokeshire. Perhaps Bowden & Son in Bristol can shed
> some further light? Wasbrough was later partnered by Duggan and later
still
> by Hale. There are one or two bells in Dorset and Wiltshire by the last
> named but none by the other partnerships.
>
> CD

My interest arose as the consequence of finding a website where it mentioned
a bell at Chester St Paul PA, and C S Zimmermanns subsequent enquiry about
it. The inscription is:
ROGER RICE CHESTER 1743

Searches for Chester UK & Cheshire had found nothing.
Any further information on him would be appreciated.

GAD