[Bell Historians] Poona (India)

George Dawson George at d...
Tue Aug 19 19:19:16 BST 2003

Subject: [Bell Historians] Poona (India)

> Is there any evidence that these bells have ever been rung, or is it
> yet another example of a ring of bells being supplied which are
> unsuitable for their destination?

Funnily enough I have just been in at Taylors looking up information on this
job.
It is clear from Taylors correspondence books that the ring was designed for
the money available. The bells were very quickly cast & sent off to Poona
with full instructions how to erect them. Details were supplied about a
ringers floor etc. Unfortunately no thought seems to have been given as to
the thickness of the tower walls in relation to the height of the tower.

GAD