[Bell Historians] Poona (India)

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Tue Aug 19 20:03:52 BST 2003

--- Thanks George.
Whilst it is understandable that Taylors should supply this ring of
bells, unaware of the condition of the tower so far removed from
their view, the same excuse can not be used for the supply of the
rings at Baldersby, St. Michael Star Street Paddington and the Goslin
six in North Kent, the name of which escapes me.
Any ideas why such unsuitable rings were supplied other than for
commercial gain, with complete disregard for the usefulness of same.

In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "George Dawson" <George at d...>
wrote:

> Subject: [Bell Historians] Poona (India)
>

> > Is there any evidence that these bells have ever been rung, or is
it
> > yet another example of a ring of bells being supplied which are
> > unsuitable for their destination?
>
> Funnily enough I have just been in at Taylors looking up
information on this
> job.
> It is clear from Taylors correspondence books that the ring was
designed for
> the money available. The bells were very quickly cast & sent off to
Poona