Another chime for the list

Ben Willetts yahoogroups at b...
Fri Feb 28 10:47:05 GMT 2003

JPA:
> CJPs big bells list shows a clock chime at the
> University, which I assume is the red brick tower
> at the top of Brownlow Hill, behind the Wigwam.

Correct - the building is called the Victoria Building.

(Can't remember exactly what department it's in, but I've had a few exams in
a room quite close to the bells - they're very irritating during an exam! -
as well as a few in the Cathedral crypt hall! As another aside, AIUI the
Victoria Building is what started the term "red brick university".)

Ben
Gen Sec, LUSCR