Bilton

Mike Chester <mike@m...> mike at m...
Wed Jan 22 00:30:35 GMT 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "jimhedgcock
<jameshedgcock at h...>" <jameshedgcock at h...> wrote:
> There is a 1948 Taylor treble on the front of an old five at
Bilton,
> Rugby.
> I never thought that this fitted well.
> Perhaps Mike Chester/Chris Pickford will know if anything was done
> the old five when they were restored and augmented or was any
> attempt made to blend in the new treble?--

This could really get the Coventry DG President, (aka me!) into
trouble!

The details of the bells are

1 John Taylor, Co, Loughborough 1948 3-3-16
2 Richard Sanders, Bromsgrove 1722 4-1-6
3 John Sturdy or John Keble London c1450 4-1-7
4 John Danyell, London c1460 5-0-13
5 John Danyell, London c1460 7-0-14
6 Henry Bagley I, Chacombe 1662 7-0-12

If you want to hear them try

fp.mikechester.f9.co.uk (note deliberate lack of www.)

choose Coventry a-g and go to Bilton and find out for yourselves!

As President I would say that they are an old fashioned ring that
have been attended to by Taylors in what may be perhaps regarded as
their golden era, just after WWII.

As a member of this list I say, "Doesn't the treble stand out?!"

Mike