[Bell Historians] Re: Chime and chime again

jwalton22rg je.walton at v...
Tue Jul 22 15:01:29 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan J.Birney"
<fartwell2000 at y...> wrote:

> Is This the arcade with clock and three bells inside the arcade?
> Does anyone know the weight of The Great Western Arcade bells?-
> if its the place I am thinking of, there were three bells tenor
> around 8-10cwt
> Alan

No, somewhere different I'm afraid. The GWA has five bells, largest
around the 1cwt mark I'd guess.

I'm no expert on Birmingham, I just happen to work there a couple of
days a week. There must be someone on list who knows the city centre
bells better than I do - or all they all still celebrating after the
12 bell?

John