Morecambe Bay and Blackburn

cj_hustler james.hustler at 1...
Thu May 22 13:06:28 BST 2003

> It just says that Blews & Sons were "Founders of peals at ...
> St.Anne's, Blackburn".
>
> Perhaps this is the explanation in this case. Alternatively it was
St.Anne's, ..... [somewhere], near Blackburn.

> Looking at various reference books, I wonder if the Blews bells
might have gone to St.Joseph's (RC), Audley, near Blackburn - opened
in August 1877. Has anyone been? Or is there another St.Anne's in
the area with Blews bells? Any suggestions?

I can't immediately think of a St Annes in or near Blackburn either.

However if you substitute "Blackburn" with "Blackpool", there are
towers at St Annes as in Lytham St Annes, and St Anne, Singleton.

It's a long shot since I'm not familiar with the origins of either
installations despite having rung there in the past.