Several things

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Sun May 25 21:04:04 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Susan Dalton"
<dalton.family at v...> wrote:
>2. Charles Carr of Smethwick: no use looking for the 3 bells of
1885 at
> MORECAMBE Bay, Lancs. ­ they went to MOROMBE Bay, Madagascar!

Thanks for the replys both on list and off about the said bells.
It would appear I either missread the advert from The Bell News,
or I copied it down wrongly. Last year, John Greenhough informed me
there was only one bell there and I thought he said it was by Carrs.
Are the Morambe Bay, Madagascar bells hung for swinging, etc
I have yet to see and hear any bells cast by Carrs-What are they
like in general tonally? Has anyone seen the ring of three by Carr
at St Hilda, Ampleforth, North Yorkshire(cast 1894?)
Thanks
Alan