Coaley

Dennis Powney dennis.powney at l...
Mon Nov 24 17:33:32 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

On the B.B.C. West of England T.V. news this morning was this statement, or=
something along these lines -

"The bells of Coaley, Glos have been refurbished at the cost of =A350,000. =
At first the church were going to throw the old bells away, until they rea=
lised that they were the last set to have been made at the Gloucester Carri=
age and Wagon works".
Whereas I doubt that the first part of the statement is correct, (The 'Thro=
w away' bit) I wonder about the second part? Who did make, or cast, the Co=
aley bells?
Dennis Powney, in W.W.W.