[Bell Historians] Bags of spanners

Nick Rossi nrossi at m...
Tue Aug 3 13:30:36 BST 2004

I must say, it's quite a nice view from the top of the cathedral in
Kuopio. I had a chance to climb up and have a look at the bells and I
have a few pictures at http://nrossi.com/kuopio.htm

The bells have not been tuned and are actually pleasant sounding (unlike
many of the other untuned bells that I heard.) The only tuned bells I
did find in Finland where recent ones which were cast by Eijsbouts.

The chime at the bottom of that page is outside an Orthodox museum and
they allowed my group a chance to ring them. If you ever go there I
would recommend passing on this opportunity.

In case you're curious about the tour I was on, there is a webpage at
www.southminsterringers.org

nick