[Bell Historians] St Dunstan's in the East

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Sun Aug 8 22:16:51 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>
wrote:
> I wrote the 1978 article. I was pressed to do so for reasons which
appear in the first paragraph.

> A more authoritative one (by DrL and myself) is to be found on
Dickon's site. See http://london.lovesguide.com/dunstan-in-the-
east.htm

> It includes a couple of accounts of the bells, one by RCO (he will
forgive me for saying it's a bit OTT) and one by Jim Hedgcock (who
will not forgive me for observing that he typically dumbs them down).
Still, we're all entitled to our own opinions, and mine is nearer to
Richard than to JH, unsuprisingly!

I don't even remember writing it ...but I suppose I must have!

They were splendid ...and I'm supposed to be a Whitechapel fan
(actually, I'm a fan any well tuned, quality bells, whatever name
they've got on them!)!