[Bell Historians] thoughts on Angelus and Consecration bells

mtchilds mtchilds at y...
Fri Aug 13 14:20:19 BST 2004

Anne,

no offence was taken, I just did not like the way you referred to
our beliefs as a dark area of the church's past. The Anglo Catholic
wing of the CofE is just as important as any other part, and whilst
we may be seen as old fashioned and traditional we like to think
that we are contributing to the growth of the Church as a whole.

The beauty of the CofE is that it encompasses so many varying areas
of belief and liturgy, and I think that if we all treat each other
with respect instead of arguing and citicising, this might be a
small step towards healing the current wounds of the church.

Michael

PS David sorry for straying away from Bell History!

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Anne Willis" <zen16073 at z...>