[Bell Historians] Re: Warner headstocks

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Dec 8 12:11:27 GMT 2004

"During 1994-5 they were taken out and retuned by Whitechapel (one of the best retuning jobs I have heard to this day) and are now a very grand ring for their weight."

A recent retuning job which has been very successful is the Blews six at Middlesmoor, a recent Whitechapel tune / rehang. I didn't ring on them before, but I'm told they sounded absolutely terrible (and from my experience of Blews bells I have no difficulty in believing it!) When I first went there I was expecting them to be pretty bad, but actually they have tuned up very well and are a pleasant-sounding old style six.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/