Peterborough, St John the Baptist

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Sat Feb 7 21:37:39 GMT 2004

I collated a list of all the 'C' tenors in Dove, as part of a
correspondence I am having about the bells at Dunham Massey. I
wanted to check if the Dunham bells really are the lightest peal
in 'C'.

The tenor weight for Peterborough SJB is given in Dove 9th edition
and the online edition as 25-2-22, which makes it lighter than
Dunham by just two pounds. However, all previous editions give the
Peterborough weight as 26-2-22. Does anyone know which is correct?

Bill H