[Bell Historians] Derwent Woodlands

Mike Chester mike at m...
Fri Feb 27 00:30:19 GMT 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>
wrote:
>Derwent tower, like Bamford, had a very small internal area; and
whilst I'm sure the light six which replaced the steel bells at the
latter are very nice, it would have been so much better if after the
war the Derwent bells could have gone there - especially as the
former occupants of Derwent churchyard were reinterred at Bamford.

Having rung at Bamford I can say that they are a very nice 6 and an
cannot see how the Derwent bells could be successfully hung, with 2
trebles of course, at Bamford. When was the last 3 tier frame
constructed??????!

Mike