3 levels...

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Fri Feb 27 10:20:22 GMT 2004

mike at m... writes:

> When was the last 3 tier frame
> constructed??????!

Grace Dieu I would imagine. Another candidate must be Wilton (Taunton). I
know the 2 tier frame at the Forset Guernsey was augmented with another tier (and
a very good little 6 they are too!). I am pretty sure the frame at St Ewe was
(re)constructed recently too.

I suppose you could argue that St Ewe is the only real 3 tier bellframe out
of these - the others being 3 tier installations - i.e. separate frames mounted
one above the other.

Are the 3 at Upton Scudamore, Wilts really on 3 levels??

There could be another quite soon - watch this space........

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,