Flat top bells

RCStevens rcstevens at l...
Sun Jan 11 03:58:54 GMT 2004

I am not an auhtority on this subject but have noticed the following with
regard to GJ bells.

First, there is a ring of six here in Cornwall - Luxulyan. They were cast
and installed by GJ in 1902. All six bells have cannons/wooden headstocks.
I believe this is the only ring of GJ bells I have seen with cannons.

Secondly, the GJ ring of six at Launton, near Bicester in Oxfordshire were
cast and hung by GJ in 1907. All six bells have flat tops and metal
headstocks.

One might assume, therefore, that GJ moved with the times between the years
mentioned
above.

Richard Stevens.