[Bell Historians] Bells in museums

LOVE, Dickon dickon.love at a...
Tue Jul 6 16:34:25 BST 2004

DLC:
"Canterbury, Heritage Centre (the Poor Priests' Hospital):
Former tenor of 3 from St Giles, Kingston, Kent - W le Belyetere, Canterbury
c1325. Full details of Kingston are on http://kent.lovesguide.com - a lost
ring of three.
Former tenor of three (2-1-8) ex St Mary Bredin, Canterbury (destroyed in
Blitz) R Kerner, Canterbury, with arabic date 1505 -see my Christmass
article in the RW, "The lost churches and bells of Canterbury". It is just
about to appear on lovesguide, I am assured :)
Part of the inscription band and a canon of the former Boughton Aluph tenor
- full details in Lovesguide. A lost 5, scrapped by G&J.
Dover Museum used to have the former Market House Bell (J Clifton c1630) and
the bells from Kearsney 'Abbey' (Mears). Museum relocated, bells in store."

And one more from Kent: Quex Park Museum (Store) 1809 bell 12" probably
Mears inscribed "I P Bartles".

DrL

from any virus transmitted.