Single bell in Leicester

jim phillips jim at p...
Tue Jul 27 09:58:15 BST 2004

DLC wrote:-

>Tut, tut. Jim, just round the corner from my church and vicarage, and you
didn't call in :)

>Yes, the Bed Centre is a former school building, one of the several that
was started by a church - in that case Emmanuel Baptist >- in the last
century. It is a Taylor bell, late 19thC.

It was only a fleeting visit, and a lot of time was spent trying to get
around the horrendous one-way traffic system in Leicester! I saw the bell
after consuming much Sicilian wine and David I thought the bell was a
Grimthorpe thick scale casting. Is the bell thick scale or was it just the
wine and me trying to 'sex-up' the bell?