[Bell Historians] Single bell in Leicester

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Wed Jul 28 00:22:18 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

Jim, you should have invited me to help you with the wine; mind you, the vi=
ntage at the Vicarage is very good, as a number of list members know.

Yes, the Taylor bell at the Bed centre, Leicester, (ex-Emmanuel school) doe=
s look a bit Grimthorpian, but I have yet to get my arms round its waist in=
order to give an authoritative answer.

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: jim phillips=20
To: Bell Historians=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 9:58 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Single bell in Leicester

DLC wrote:-

>Tut, tut. Jim, just round the corner from my church and vicarage, and yo=
didn't call in :)

>Yes, the Bed Centre is a former school building, one of the several that
was started by a church - in that case Emmanuel Baptist >- in the last
century. It is a Taylor bell, late 19thC.

It was only a fleeting visit, and a lot of time was spent trying to get
around the horrendous one-way traffic system in Leicester! I saw the bel=
after consuming much Sicilian wine and David I thought the bell was a
Grimthorpe thick scale casting. Is the bell thick scale or was it just t=
he
wine and me trying to 'sex-up' the bell?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20