[Bell Historians] Chislehurst

David Bryant david at b...
Mon Jun 7 10:23:08 BST 2004

> Details have been there for a few years now. The G&J 5th sticks out like a
> sore thumb in the otherwise Taylor octave - it could really do with being
> recast.

Replaced, surely. I don't imagine there would be much difficulty finding a buyer for a good G&J bell.

The reverse happened at St Anthony in Menage a few years ago - the ring consisted of two Taylor trebles on a Gillett back six. The trebles were replaced by new Whitechapel Gillett-profile bells. Does anyone know whether the Taylor fittings were reused? I believe the Taylor bells were going to that place (can't remember the name) in Dorset with the six bell chime including odd-shaped bells. Has this happened?

> Of course, Taylor's designed and built the 7-bell frame (the G&J bell is in
> its own frame). There can't be many of those in existence!

Odd-bell frames (other than five and thirteen & above)

Seven: Chislehurst, Acomb (York).

Nine: All SS Basinstoke, Felmingham, Great Malvern (?).

Eleven: Llanbadarn Fawr

Can anybody add any more?

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/