[Bell Historians] Warners and Harmonic Tuning

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Mon Jun 21 18:12:34 BST 2004

----------
>From: "Mark Humphreys" <mark.humphreys at b...>
>To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Warners and Harmonic Tuning
>Date: Sun, Jun 20, 2004, 4:57 pm
>

> If you had to ring there every week I don't think you'd be quite so
> enthusiastic! End of a hot, sweaty day at work, ring at Cornhill or go
> to the pub - absolutely no decision to make whatsoever!
>
> Mark
>

>> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "jimhedgcock"
>> <jameshedgcock at h...> wrote:
>> > --- >> Which brings me on to another issue - that of casting
>> > bells "old style" to
>> that
>> > attempts have
>> > don't

[Not sure I agree with 'invariably'. Some match better than others. Have
other subscribers heard Broadchalke front three bells - one of Nigel T's
rare excursions into this field? CD]

>> > I remember a recently deceased prominent ringer telling me that he
>> > attended the re-dedication at Cornhill. Standing outside, with the
>> > founder of the new bells, Mr.Hughes was told that he ought to be
>> > ashamed of selling such products!
>>
>> I'm probably in a very small minority, but I actually rather like
>> Cornhill! They have a good deal more character than many twelves I
>> can think of! [RCO]

[I quite agree. They are a good back eight especially. And I'm not
supposed to like non-true-harmonic Whitechapel... CD]