Re: Re: [Bell Historians] Light rings  and Tower Accoustics

David Bryant david at b...
Wed Mar 31 11:46:01 BST 2004

> Shrewsbury trebles are a bit like that too ... but are we sure it was
> for hanging considerations and not just part of the tonal evolution -
> perhaps Andrew Higson can tell us?

As I recall, the Shrewsbury trebles resemble flower pots in shape and have sloping crowns, wheread Redcliffe have Purdue-shaped crowns.

For anyone unfamiliar with Purdue-shaped crowns, they slope inwards then upwards at a sharp angle, and have a large flat area on the top.

David
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime