[Bell Historians] Re: Sharpe's Oxfordshire

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Fri May 7 11:38:29 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <david at b...>
wrote:
> > We have not reprinted Church Bells of Herefordshire, we are
merely
> > selling the stock that remained after Fred death - the same
applies
> > to the Kingsmead reprint of Church Bells of Berkshire.
>
> Did Fred reprint them himself, then? There are certainly two
printings of Herefordshire - the illustration quality isn't as good
in the newer ones. Also, the original volume I was hardbound and
printed on a paper with a greenish tinge. The newer version is
identical to the later volumes - white paper and a red card cover.

> The same goes for Berkshire. There are two different Kingsmead
reprints - one has a light purple cover (under the dust jacket) and
the other a darker purple one.

> David

I wasn't aware that Volume 1 was ever reprinted. I do know that a
limited edition of the whole work, bound in one volume, was published
in 1976.

Haven't a clue what happened with the Kingsmead reprints.

I can ask John Baldwin if he knows what went on with CBOH if its
vital to know such information!