[Bell Historians] CCC and ringers' accountability

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Tue May 18 11:01:46 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Arcubus" <markregan at a...>
wrote:
> Absolutely.
>
> Yesterday I was at a six in my patch which had been shut for no good
> reason at all. The local ringers were thrilled to bits when we
said 'OK
> you can ring again' This was after a 12 year silence.
>
> Mark
>
> Mark Regan
> Arcubus
> 64 London Road
> Worcester
> WR5 2DY
> 0797 1573688
> www.arcubus.com

This all goes to show how inconsistent the whole system is between
diocese - and this is not meant in any way as a criticism of either
George or Mark, who are obviously carry out their jobs in the way
their DACs require them to. With such a wide range of
interpretation around the country, one can well see why the
Government is looking closely at the whole process of Ecclesiastical
Exemption.

Exactly the same problem seems to exist with the 3Cs' lists - in some
places they are considered to be mandatory, in others they are used
as a reference guide only.

What a mess ...that sums up the whole of the C of E at the moment
really!