[Bell Historians] Incorporated Church Building Society

Anne Willis zen16073 at z...
Tue May 25 13:54:18 BST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hibbert [mailto:bill at h...]
Sent: 25 May 2004 13:42
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Incorporated Church Building Society

Yes, I found this some time ago, and find it most useful. Mears seem to
have been the chief suppliers of bells to the Wiltshire churches funded by
the society; I wonder if that is the case in other areas.

Another fascinating source of info is 'The Builder'. Not available
electronically, but a lot of interesting stuff, including on the early
railways. There's a glorious picture of the belfry at Worcester Cathrdral
on p.242 of the issue of March 21st 1874. Also lots on the York Minster
fire.

If anyone comes across a John harris when looking at either of these
sources, I would be very interested.

Anne Willis