[Bell Historians] Heritage Lottery Funds

ALEXANDER HUNT alex.hunt at b...
Tue Nov 9 20:26:34 GMT 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

Dear Richard,

The PCC Treasurer is almost certainly talking rubbish.

Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), in my experience, usually require some degree
of match funding from a successful applicant. Volunteer labour often forms a
significant part of this funding and is usually reckoned to be worth GBP 5
per hour for unskilled work to GBP 10 per hour for skilled work.

HLF usually supply a very comprehensive and specific to the grant, contract
document with all the Do's and Don'ts. Ask for sight of a copy. It should be
available as it's not a confidential document, this is public money!

My experience of this is in the preserved railway arena rather than
ecclesiastical arena but that shouldn't affect the process.

If I can help further please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Alex Hunt