[Bell Historians] Re: Exeter

David Bryant david at b...
Sat Oct 2 10:50:44 BST 2004

> The Exeter Cathedral website has it at 7-0-22

Yes, I know, but it's possible that they have the old weight! The rings of 12 website has the other weight. I wrote the Exeter entry for this, but can't remember the source for the weights - probably Thow. I inspected the bells a couple of weeks ago, but there is no weight chart in the tower. The bell in question is one of relatively few cast during the first world war (1915 in this case). Its inscription makes reference to this fact: 'Recast in War, I hope to herald peace, when all shall love, and "Hymns of Hatred" cease.'

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/