[Bell Historians] Bell weights and notes

David Bryant david at b...
Mon Oct 4 10:01:16 BST 2004

"I have also noticed that at least one member of the trade quotes the tenor nominal frequency when they provide bell details to the church."

The charts which Taylor's currently supply when they restore bells, giving details of founders, dates and weights, include the nominal frequency of the tenor.

"To join the bell weights debate, in 1995 we had the bells at St Michael with St Paul, Bath re-tuned and they are a considerable improvement on what they were. We were supplied with a list of weights by the main contractor and they were different to those measured by Whitechapel:"

Who was the main contractor?

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/