St James, Westhead, near Ormskirk

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Thu Oct 14 09:16:12 BST 2004

I had a tip off years ago that there is a three hung for ringing at
this church.
The info came from a reliable source (secondhand) and I was led to
believe they were ringable.
About fifteen years ago, I went out for a Sunday afternoon blast on
my bike and stopped off at Westhead and found a party clearing up in
the churchyard.
No tower key was present (nor anyone there who had authority to let
me look anyway), but I was told there were three bells but one was
cracked.
I was wondering if anyone has details of them or has seen them?

Alan