[Bell Historians] Re: G & J

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Tue Oct 26 16:27:46 BST 2004

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Richard Offen=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 12:23 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: G & J

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"=20
<aaspland at y...> wrote:
>=20
> "Don't know - I missed a copy of G & J's 1928 catalogue by about 30
> seconds on E-bay the other night ...I was too slow to catch cold and
> missed putting a bid on in the dying seconds!
>=20
> R"
>=20
> How much did it go for? There is one on abebooks at a booksellers=20
in Howden
> but he wanted something around =A3300 for it and I wanted to pay=20
under =A350 so
> nothing happened!
> Andrew

It went for =A368 ...a bit nearer the price you and I would be willing=20
to pay for it!=20=20=20

There's also a late ninteenth century Mears' catalogue on ABE and=20
they're asking over =A3200 for that as well!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20