[Bell Historians] Steel bell dimensions versus bell metal

Simon Bond yahoo at ...
Wed Apr 20 17:10:42 BST 2005

> I wonder if the Angelus machine is still in existance at Thurnham,
>Lancs, or if the electric chiming system is still at Kirkham Willows.
>I have not rung at either for years and years, and Kirkham Willows
>have been rehung in a new frame since then.

When at the Willows in October 2003 there was indeed an electric chiming
system dealing with clock chimes and automatic tolling. This seemed to be a
fairly modern installation so whether it is the one you are referring to I
couldn't say.

Simon Bond