[Bell Historians] Stretton, Staffs

Mike Chester mike at ...
Tue Aug 16 18:41:23 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "P.W. Gay" <p.w.gay at e...> wrote:
> I find Mike Chester's observations a bit surprising.

I used the word "relatively" on purpose. It is not awful and no ringer
hides in a corner anywhere. However, we had expected that, given the
size of the tower, the rope circle would be perfect. It is not as
perfect as I had thought. It seemed a little as if the circle has been
squashed. Maybe it is just that the tower is so large and the bells
hung to one side and not in the middle that gave this impression.

Mike