[Bell Historians] sliders

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Tue Feb 8 21:06:25 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

I undertsand that there is a set of these at Penkridge which pre-date the l=
ast rehang. Simon Adams will know more about them.

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] sliders

I was reading a report on a (sadly no longer) Taylor six of 1894. This wa=
s a=20
'modern' installation in that it had a cast iron lowside frame, cast iron=
=20
headstocks, etc. However, they stays were of normal type and the sliders=
=20
described as being 'metal blocks'. Preumably this means a metal block=20
sliding on a track. I've not seen these - can anyone describe them in det=
ail=20
and provide any other example - presumably they were only used for a shor=
t=20
time before Hastings stays became the norm.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20