[Bell Historians] Re: Bixley, Norfolk

Richard Offen richard at s...
Thu Feb 24 12:20:20 GMT 2005

> So there you have it.
>
> DLC

Thank you David, that has saved me the job of going through my
notes! I quite thought that the de Wymbish bell had already gone,
but I'm sure you are right.

I still wonder what happened to the de Wymbish bell, was it really
stolen for scrap, or does it now adorn some private antiques
collection somewhere in the world? Perhaps only time will tell!

I'd forgotten about the Ham bell (there are wonderful road signs in
East Kent which simply say "Ham Sandwich"!). Getting that bell out
of its turret nearly jiggered my back for life!

Richard