[Bell Historians] Re: Whitelackington - Somerset

Andrew Bull a_m_bull at y...
Sat Mar 19 23:50:07 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

The third and tenor were indeed cast by Taylors in 1896. In compiling the
Somerset list, I have only been looking at rings of five and above, which is
why I did not extract the information for Whitelackington.

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:davidbryant at h...]
Sent: 19 March 2005 16:55
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Whitelackington - Somerset

Does anyone have any information these bells and frame please. I had a look
up there earlier this afternoon , and the installation was fascinating .
Bells 3 and the tenor are Taylor recasts in 1896 ( or possibly 1898 ). I
know that they were last rung in the early 1980's . Fine tower - room for
ten !.

Andrew Bull and I are compiling a Somerset bells list, but I don't appear to
have any details of these. Andrew has been through the Taylor records, so
I'm surprised that if it is a Taylor job we don't have details. Who are the
frame / fittings by? If it was a local bellhanger (i.e. probably Thomas
Doble of Taunton) that might account for us not having the details. Doble
did obtain his bells from Taylor's generally, and his frame castings I
suspect - these have his name on but are identical to Taylor ones. The
frames are usually composite. Perhaps CJND can comment further on Doble's
frames.