[Bell Historians] Digest Number 1087

Andrew Wilby andrew at ...
Thu May 26 22:26:57 BST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Willetts" <ben at ...>
To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Digest Number 1087

> Andrew Wilby:
>> Sorry Ben but you are taking complete and utter bollocks at this
> point....!!!!
>
> How offensive. I'm sorry that you are upset about the maligning of the
> previous Board, and the fact that the current Board "show no commercial
> nouse [sic] in dealing with the excellent inheritance they have received",
> but please don't take it out on me.

Well I'm sorry if you are offended... no offence intended... but you were
putting forward a very wrong opinion as fact. Not something that is usually
tolerated here?

> I apologise if I have misrepresented the RW's financial position. I am not
> on the Board and do not know. However, this week I have been enjoying
> reading some of the old issues from 2000, which do go on a lot about the
> crap financial position of the paper. I'm sorry if I have applied past
> comments to the current situation.

And that can't be right either. There were difficulties and a potential problem
needing a solution that involved restructuring but you cannot describe a cash
rich Company with reserves of £130.000 as having a crap financial position? It
had made consistant surpluses for getting on for 25 years.
You don't have to be on the Board to know about this... the Company Annual
report is published in the paper.

> Sorry, Leigh, I stand corrected. Andrew Wilby is assuring us that the RW
> staff can spare the time and money each month to publish a full technical
> journal. Please start to make arrangements for such a publication.

Now that is being a little silly. There are other considerations.

Anyway, sorry to offend you.

Andrew