[Bell Historians] Re: National Bell Database

Richard Offen richard at ...
Thu Sep 29 09:11:23 BST 2005

I think
> most people would agree that the majority of Branch Secretaries do
not have
> the required experience to be able to supply the sort of data which
would be
> required. I note that apart from you nobody has argued with this.

We've given up trying!

As I've said in the past, the vast majority of ringers are NOT the
Philistines you make them out to be.

Recording bell data is not difficult (whereas interpreting it probably
is), with some basic training, or even a good data sheet on 'what to do
and how to do it', most people could record bell details accurately and
I'm sure many would be willing to help.