SG/WI - was Tuning forks.

David Bagley david at A9zVQ55axJqscZ3XddMHngGBTe94K4TtPKZNYTWhr16g8HihxkIT29VpEySf4VPghg-hXDk7YWD-SZwsggw4HEXo.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 17 17:31:24 BST 2006

> I believe a point mildly overlooked with regards to the Worcesters'
> wooden clapper is that the ball is an SG one. So the difference of
> sound between a WI and the whole SG clapper must be one of dynamics.

Tewkesbury tenor's wooden shafted clapper has a WI ball, and I think
Hallow's does too.

Can't think that it would make much difference what the ball is made of
(within reason). The wooden (ash) shaft seems to make a world of difference
though.

DPB