[Bell Historians] CCC Bells & Clocks Committee

Mark markregan at KFF43pGZUmqFSLrkmnuMI99NMmxTAeuMLAydlsLSvu_5_yiGYFv9gUasZKz9sNajsf16BLyILJypYCEn6uPP.yahoo.invalid
Wed Aug 30 19:32:57 BST 2006

Oh dear!

What's wrong with being open about how any appointment is made? It's only
bells we're talking about - not matters of national security. If people are
appointed on ability and competence what is there to hide?

Advertising or recommending candidates, interviews and a half decent
performance management structure, and all should work well. Surely all
appointments should be open and subject to scrutiny without referring to
freedom of information.

Or am I missing something?

Mark

Arcubus