EUROPE

Andrew Aspland aaspland at 1_az8qi4BWm3NkcAcqaWPsY0pl6pEIkWFpXuPV-0HeoQKKvyeWSjlRc6QPmw8Zui72-6tcKJaNSHz0iuFNuG.yahoo.invalid
Thu Aug 31 09:41:09 BST 2006

For my 40th birthday (I know I couldn't believe it either) I received two
volumes of "Glocken in Geschicte und Gegenwart" which, despite my limited
German, are fascinating books covering diverse topics from bells in medieval
illuminations, wildlife in towers, louvre design, to the dynamics of modern
bell towers. The articles, by many different contributers, are grouped
according to topic and include many technical papers.  Does anyone else have
copies and more German than I have?

Whilst searching the internet for a translation I found www.probell.net a
European Reasearch Project for the Maintenance and Protection of Bells.  I
noticed one of the links was to Taylors but is anyone else in the UK
involved?

Andrew