English chimes in India

George Dawson george at 1WrxFK-x4IZ6foujQiixO-WcmftcsmVmFLtJkHbvpciM1E4YbE_SjuTXY_gsk60OOia0hn3Yj7stURV_LKC9G8CsIeV19Pc.yahoo.invalid
Sat Dec 23 12:38:42 GMT 2006

Oh, and the Mears 8 are at St Georges Anglican Cathedral, Madras.
Mears Daybook for 1871 records SIX bells, tenor 20.1.27.

GAD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Carl S Zimmerman
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Bell Historians List
Subject: [Bell Historians] English chimes in India

The GCNA Website now has pages for the four English-made chimes (of
at least 8 bells) in India which are known to me. (See
http://www.gcna. <http://www.gcna.org/data/IXAPcc.html>
org/data/IXAPcc.html) For three of them, I was able
to find a fair amount of information, including photographs, but the
fourth remains largely a mystery. Any additional information which
my fellow bell historians might be able to provide will be welcome!

Carl