[Bell Historians] English chimes in India

Alan Buswell aaj.buswell at Kgaoy10SNLw5PTOu-5Tq5Fj6MxT2Ma26DONGoNDngXih_3qOGDRAH16AwtNDh8mXJc6MHDjeoY9jVtraMm3f9ZyF.yahoo.invalid
Sat Dec 23 16:31:15 GMT 2006

G&J also sent bells to Madras. Briefly ther are:
5-0-0 in D, 1929
6-5-19 in C 1927
Madas Government, 0-3-24, 1883
Madras, Levetus of, 1-0-4, 1913
for Municipal Buildings, 5 bells, 10-1-1 in G (chime) 1913
Madras (unknown location) 22-3-9 in E 1935 (
sounds like a clock chime).
If further details are required I'll be pleased to obligue.

AAJB
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl S Zimmerman
  To: Bell Historians List
  Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 5:32 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] English chimes in India

  The GCNA Website now has pages for the four English-made chimes (of
  at least 8 bells) in India which are known to me. (See
  http://www.gcna.org/data/IXAPcc.html) For three of them, I was able
  to find a fair amount of information, including photographs, but the
  fourth remains largely a mystery. Any additional information which
  my fellow bell historians might be able to provide will be welcome!

  Carl