Cambridge

David Bryant davidbryant at 4pzyrRHc2q1dfs_nSitOupRwRoqr08iNJmyPqIzXFIbRTqj0Q_ae31Fh_twfyIH-V-PKn50d1KesJOjlklxBgj4ZtWU.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 26 20:26:57 GMT 2006

On one of the other lists there has been some discussion regarding the bells
at Great St Mary's, Cambridge, which prompted me to look up details of them.

There is one rather strange fact in their recent history, namely that
Taylor's recast the two trebles in 1911, and then recast them again in 1952.
Does anyone know why this is? From other examples around about the same time
as the first set of trebles, it is clear that Taylor's were casting
perfectly good trebles of 12 by this time, so I wonder what was wrong with
those at Cambridge? Anyone know?