[Bell Historians] Cambridge

Frank King Frank.King at xW06gkBUpOBy5reGkd1-1kkCsKyT0HBbZRTVuCbU3I8FQbBHgQCV3J5HppGkP33Ls0DYW3hSxfIao_TcmT3f0Xfl.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 27 09:20:38 GMT 2006

> Taylor's recast the two trebles in 1911, and
> then recast them again in 1952.  Does anyone
> know why this is?
> ... I wonder what was wrong with those at
> Cambridge?

I remember old ringers saying that the pre-1952
bells were hard to hear.  The 1952 re-hanging
was clearly going to be very disruptive so the
opportunity was taken to have the trebles recast,
specifying that they should be 'brighter' than the
then current trebles.

Frank H. King
The University Bellringer
Cambridge, U.K.