Bell Photographs.

Ernie Runciman bells at ir1N8WhtH0gH-usCXzR8d_cxEACflRp0_-Nygoe1UVInnhs_wwiHtEeNgjQK3TcnOal_2sIDChLK.yahoo.invalid
Wed Feb 8 22:21:23 GMT 2006

Jim

That is exactly the problem.

A very well know firm of bell hangers have replaced the crown staple
bolts with stainless steel, as well as most of the bell/headstock
bolts. The bell bolts are also coated.

All bells also have a split washer on the crown staple so water can
drain out, hence the rust streaks.

The main problem is the weather conditions inside the tower (ie
internally generated rain, etc)

Ernie
Liverpool

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Jim Phillips