[Bell Historians] Re: Bell Photographs.

boyracer76 at tDU4EYepJmiVwrwgMGPKvPaWcqG20Tu92bcMNFVqzyv0cc1aV8lM4fy8R7MMa2xHtsjolxS2GbeX2cgAhjRSzaY.yahoo.invalid boyracer76 at tDU4EYepJmiVwrwgMGPKvPaWcqG20Tu92bcMNFVqzyv0cc1aV8lM4fy8R7MMa2xHtsjolxS2GbeX2cgAhjRSzaY.yahoo.invalid
Thu Feb 9 13:55:19 GMT 2006

Regarding the Liverpool Cathedral bells, there was a story going around
after the installation, of the 9th bell breaking it's rope when being
lifted in to the tower and killing two workmen on the way down.

I've heard this story from numerous (good) sources yet no one has ever
found whether this to be true or not.

There are two weights for the 9th currently doing the rounds, one at
34-0-11 and one at 35-0-11.

Short of going through the Cathedral archives, anyone else heard of this?