William Sellers

George Dawson george at xqzkQGjD0qUSuNsuK7N3HB5N5b2AIrEfKuiHzHJ3U3vHjbXlmCh9rWUrDol-IPLHhrRi9M3a2QlsCbaRnqT84tigiao.yahoo.invalid
Wed Feb 22 09:37:35 GMT 2006

John Ketteringham (Bells of Lincs p.286) does not think that William Seller
was a York founder, and I concur with that. His bells are mostly found in
north Lincolnshire, and I am aware of none at all in the vicinity of York.
John provides evidence to suggest he was casting in the vicinity of Market
Rasen. John also suggests that he was the half-brother of Edward Seller I of
York. Perhaps he would like to comment further on this?

David

LBBF pp.286-7 give chapter & verse on the evidence in Benniworth Parish
registers on the Seller family which I researched when writing the section.
Since then I have found evidence (in America) that Edward I was casting
bells much earlier than 1708.
 I do not think that any William Seller in the south is the same.
GAD